Background

Monday, May 7, 2018

ANY EXCUSE...

Tomorrow is Primary Election Day.  If you do not feel comfortable declaring a choice of political party, then please request an "Issues Only" ballot, as we have important issues on the ballot. 

When hearing lame answers when quizzing us about not performing chores my mother would often say, acerbically, "Any excuse is better than none."

WHY don't people vote?  I have heard the following:

"I have to work."
"It's raining."
"I'm too busy."
"I don't know where to go."
"I don't know when it's supposed to be."
"My vote doesn't matter." 
"It's too hard to register."
"I don't care." 
"I have to carpool."
"I don't know any of the people."
"I don't like any of them."

and the number one reason given for NOT voting:

"I don't want to be called for jury duty."

I guess that any excuse is better than none.

No comments: