Background

Friday, May 4, 2018

FROG LADY


I am inspired by my reference yesterday to "Open-TOAD" shoes.

Recently I saw a car with the license plate FROG L8E. I assume the "L8E" meant something but I didn't "GET" it. Beside the license plate was a sticker which read: "Frog parking only; all others will be TOAD!" I chuckled at that but still wondered why the owner would have the "L8E" which was not understandable--at least to me-- but later Les said, "It must mean LADY."

When I told Les about the license plate, he said, "There are two kinds of people in the world--those who have vanity plates-- and those who don't." I said, "I don't understand people getting vanity plates and especially having stuff that's not easily understood."

Les said, "There are also two kinds of people in the world: people who put bumper stickers on their cars which people will not GET and those who don't."  I asked, "Like what?" He continued, "You know, like 26+6=1." Touche! I had that bumper sticker on my car which of course most people did not "GET"! He said, "What's the purpose of having something on there which 99.9% of people won't understand?" I answered, "It made me feel good." He said, "Maybe the Frog lady feels good!"

I always made fun of people who had a bumper sticker "I'd rather be driving my Corvette" on their car. I told Gerald I wanted a bumper sticker for my Corvette which would read: "I'd rather be driving my Maserati."  He thinks it 
would be a cardinal sin to put a bumper sticker on a Corvette.

We are discussing buying a Tesla and had a test ride in a Tesla 3 last week.  Gerald said, "Please tell me you wouldn't put bumper stickers on it."  I said, "Well, I might want to put 'I'd rather be driving my Tesla S!' on a Tesla 3!"

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2011

No comments: