Background

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

"THREATENED BY AN OLD WOMAN!"


There were no parking places available near to the place where I was going. Across the street from my destination is a building which houses an insurance agent and a non-profit organization. There are parking places in front of the building and behind the building. All of those spaces were taken. I parked in the rear of the building and got out of my car.

As I got out of my car, the insurance agent was bidding a customer good-bye. The customer was parked beside me. I noticed his looking at my bumper.   The agent asked if I were there for an appointment.   When I answered no he told me, "You can't park here." I asked, "Why not?"  He stated the spaces were for customers or for people who worked there. I told him, very nicely, that I had parked there numerous times in the past, and with a sweeping motion of my arm, gestured that there were plenty of parking places and said, "I doubt that you're THAT busy!" 

He asked, very snidely, "Do you work here?" I answered, equally snottily, "No, do YOU?" He responded, "If you don't work here, you can't park here!" I continued, "You don't OWN the place and you don't have NO TRESPASSING posted, so I can park here!" [Yes, I recognize that a smart-mouth isn't always the wisest course!]

He told me he would have my car towed.

I said, "And I'm going to tell every person I know to boycott you!" He gave a derisive laugh which of course, infuriated me. I said, "You obviously do not know the power of Facebook!" I drove around to the front of the building and there was a parking space then available in front of the building which was a public parking space.

I parked, went inside and picked up a business card and said, "When I put it on the internet I want to be sure to spell your name correctly!" I left, slamming the door behind me.

When I went home and told my brother about it, he said, "You know you shouldn't go through with that threat." I answered, "Nah, I'm not going to follow through but it felt good to say it." Les said, "The poor guy is probably still in shock from being threatened by an old woman!"

No comments: