FROM: CHARLENE DALTON
Why didn't I think of that? I guarantee that you’ll be uttering those words more than once because of these ingenious little tips, tricks and ideas that solve everyday problems.
1. Hull strawberries easily using a straw.
2. Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise scratches and dings.
3. Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40.
4. Stop cut apples from browning in your child’s lunch box by securing with a rubber band.
5. Overhaul your linen cupboard, store bed linen sets inside one of their own pillowcases and there will be no more hunting through piles for a match.
6. Pump up the volume by placing your iPhone or iPod in a bowl. The concave shape amplifies the music.
7. Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags.
8. Add baby powder to your beach bag. Baby powder gets sand off your skin easily; who knew?
9. Attach a Velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys.
10. Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls against the ceiling, or the back of a closet, rather than cluttering up the floor.
11. Find tiny lost items like earrings by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose.
12. Make an instant cupcake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid.
13. Forever losing your bathroom essentials? Use magnetic strips to store bobby pins, tweezers and clippers, behind a vanity door.
14. Store shoes inside shower caps while traveling to stop dirty soles rubbing on your clothes. And you can find them in just about every hotel.
15. A muffin pan becomes a craft caddy. Magnets hold the plastic cups down to make them tip-resistant.
16. Bread tags make the perfect cord labels.
17. Bake cupcakes directly in ice-cream cones, so much more fun and easier for kids to eat.
18. Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper bag. Much healthier and cheaper than the packet stuff.
19. Install a tension rod to hang your spray bottles.
20. Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie-dough over the top and voila, you have cookie bowls for fruit or ice-cream.
21. Freeze Aloe Vera in ice-cube trays for soothing sunburn relief.
22. Create a window-box veggie patch using guttering.
23. Use egg cartons to separate and store your Christmas decorations.