Background

Thursday, August 29, 2013

ANALYZE THIS!

I know that I dream because Gerald has seen REM; however, I seldom remember any of my dreams, but I have always been rather good at analyzing the dreams of others, but not ones from myself! (CLICK HERE to see BLOG article BUFFALO BILL) Gerald dreams often and he can describe them in great detail.

A client related a dream to me where he was being held captive by a group of people who were spouting religion and he could not escape as they had armed guards at all the doors and they were brainwashing children. My analysis is that he felt held hostage because he is bedfast and can't escape and that day he'd received a visit from a lay minister. His wife had a dream where she dreamed she was just 1-inch tall. My analysis of the dream is she had it because of her feeling of helplessness and her diminished role in the care of her husband. I did not relate my analyses to them.

Here's my latest dream: I was dreaming that the word bon marche meant flatulating dogs! I know what bon marche means: it's French for "good deal" and it's the name of an upscale department store, but flatulating dogs? But then I recalled that I had seen posted on The Urban Dictionary: Farte Blanche.

Dreams are supposed to help us confront issues we haven't dealt with during the day; but canine cheese-cutting? Analyze THAT, Sue!

Farte Blanche

Unrestricted power to fart at one's own discretion. Permission to fart freely.
She gave her husband farte blanche to stink up the bedroom.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dreamed I was being choked to death by a giant marshmallow and then I woke up and had swallowed my pillow! ML