Background

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

NAKED LADIES

I thought that I had a great number of "naked ladies" blooming this year until I was at a client's home today and she has them growing in her front yard, her side yard, and in her back yard. "Naked ladies" are amaryllis and the the plants have beautiful foliage in the spring which dies away and then the "naked ladies" emerge with their breathtaking beauty in the summer!
A friend just became acquainted with the lovely amaryllis this year--I had to drag her out to see the splendid display--to take the pictures you see here.
The client told me that her "naked ladies" had been growing there since her mother's time and that I was welcome to come to dig some bulbs! I'll definitely be there in the fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine don't look that splendid! ML