Background

Monday, August 26, 2013

DUMP CAKE FROM SCRATCH

My client had leftover peaches; I asked, "Would you like for me to make a Peach Dump Cake to use these?" The wife said that she'd never heard of it but it sounded good. The daughter came while it was in the oven and the aroma wafting about certainly was nice. The daughter had told me previously that she DID NOT cook! She asked, "Did you make that from scratch?" I said, "Yes, but you CAN use a cake mix." She said, "I would have to buy sugar and flour if I made it from scratch!" I thought her saying she would have to buy sugar and flour was PRICELESS! Oh, excuse the pun: BUY/PRICELESS (but sometimes I just can't help myself!).

She took the recipe and she just sweetly e-mailed a copy to me.

However, it is not MY recipe, but my mother's!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me--I have a dish with your address label on it. OOPS! I'll return it, I promise! ML