Background

Monday, November 4, 2013

A RUN-BY FRUITING

Arminta's Facebook message today:

"There are some movies that I can just watch over and over and over again. The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Little Miss Sunshine, Pee Wee's Big Adventure; quite a few more...but there are none that continue to leave me with a big smile on my face every single time at the end like The Full Monty. Call me shallow or whatever you want, but I absolutely love that movie."

I responded:

Although we have a tape of The Shawshank Redemption, if I am channel-surfing, and the movie is playing, I will always stop and watch it again. Gerald will invariably say, "We have that on tape, you know" and I'll nod and continue watching. The same with Raising Arizona and Mrs. Doubtfire! Just the other day, I said "Drive-by fruiting", just like Euphegenia!

Les corrected me by saying, "She said RUN-BY FRUITING in the movie." I screaked, "I know THAT; I said it in a different context!"

It's a sad commentary that we are debating movie dialogue rather than important issues, but we actually agree on nearly all "important" issues!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always stop to watch any Andy Griffith or Mary Tyler Moore shows! ML