Background

Saturday, November 2, 2013

ARE YOU HUNGRY TONIGHT?

My friend Patty had asked about my vegetable soup recipe and she needed to know because of her grandson Casey (the Elvis aficionado). I told her that I had a cookbook with Elvis' favorite recipes and it's called Are You Hungry Tonight?. I think she thought I was kidding about the cookbook. Below is her e-mail response:

From PATTY BURCH:

OK. All of the Sajdyk children spent the night last night. Last night I was making vegetable soup for today. Casey went crazy over the smell of it, and wanted a bowl immediately (10 PM)! I told him the carrots and celery were not done yet. He wanted a cup as soon as it was done. I put everything in my soup that you do except for potatoes, oregano, basil – and – I add cabbage at the last. He saw that cabbage in it, and absolutely wanted no part of it. I told him I would give him a bowl without the cabbage – no deal ! Kallie chimed in and said, “MiMi, you lied to us; you put cabbage in it”. Lord have mercy. Next time I will leave the cabbage out, but I’ll bet they won’t trust me.

Were you kidding about the cookbook?

Let’s see. What other cookbooks could be about Elvis?

A Hunka Hunka No Burn Meat
Suspicious Roadkill
I Just Wanna Cook Your Bear Meat
Jailhouse Grub

Patty

OK, Patty, REFRIGERATOR GAME ON! Les just added these:

LOVE ME TENDER meat
Soul Food IN THE GHETTO
Braised TEDDY BEAR
Korean HOUND DOG stir fry
BLUE HAWAII poi
AMERICAN TRILOGY (peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich)
ALL SHOOK UP--not stirred
TREAT ME rice pilaf

1 comment:

Sue's News said...

"Don't Be Creole"! ML