Background

Friday, July 25, 2014

FURLA

A young woman came into Gerald's hospital room and she was wearing black ballet-flats, black slacks, with a chartreuse sweater atop a black blouse. She was also carrying a pumpkin-colored purse which I thought I recognized from the Fendi collection.

I asked, "Hi, who are you?" She introduced herself as the neurologist on duty.

Doctors surely dress differently these days. Being an oldster, I would never have chosen her combination of clothes and accessories, but she looked very attractive.

She began taking her medical instruments from the pumpkin-colored bag. THAT is her medical bag!

When she had completed her examination-- which I thought was very thorough-- I asked, "Is that a Fendi bag?"

She laughed and said, "Oh, no, it's a Furla; I couldn't afford a Fendi; my sister is the bag expert and she thought this one looked sturdy to use for my valise."

I said, "Oh, I wish I had a Judith Leiber but I have to be satisfied with this Burberry."

She said, "Yes, I noticed; that bag looks very nice too."

Gerald asked, "Do you two want to discuss MY case?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of Furla! of course I carry a purse from KMart! ML