Background

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

PAVLOVA

At my birthday celebration, rather than having a birthday cake, I had requested PAVLOVA.

The chef had placed three candles atop the Pavlova and when I started to blow out the candles, my friend Vivian grabbed my arm and said, "DON'T DO THAT, you'll be spitting on it!"

I had NEVER thought of that but of course it IS correct. Nearly everyone at the party agreed that they had never thought about it!

I know I will never blow out another candle and I'm having another birthday cake tomorrow.

My brother Les said he wouldn't put candles on the cake because we would need to get permission from the Fire Department to have such a risky fire!

CLICK HERE for an interesting article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EWWWW! Spitting on your Pavlova! I wish I'd been there! ML