Background

Saturday, November 4, 2017

FALL BACK

I asked, "Is this the Daylight Saving Time weekend?"  Every year I am flummoxed by "spring forward" and "fall back" as I will invariably ask, "Do I get to sleep an hour more?" This year, my brother wearily answered, "Yes, but on the not-so-bright side, Gerald will have to work an hour longer."

I asked, "I wonder why they change it at two o'clock?"  Again, my brother wearily answered, "It's probably because people confuse 12 AM and PM."

I asked, "Did you know that DST was Ben Franklin's idea?"  My brother, the fount of knowledge, answered, again, I might add, also wearily, "Nah, that's disputed;  ole Ben proposed that as a satire to the French to tell them how to save on candles."  I said, "I thought it was to help farmers have an hour more for harvesting."



By the way, it is incorrect to use "savings";  it is actually DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME.

No comments: