Background

Friday, November 24, 2017

TETRIS



From The Urban Dictionary:






                                  THANKSGIVING TETRIS

The annual act of rearranging your refrigerator in order to accommodate all of your Thanksgiving leftovers.

Girlfriend: "Ugh, the fridge is completely full of our regular food. I don't know how we're ever going to cram all of these leftovers in here."

Boyfriend: "Looks like it's time for a round of Thanksgiving Tetris!  Here, take this milk carton and hand me those yams." 


Reading this, I had no idea what "tetris" meant.  I yelled at Les, "Hey, do you know what TETRIS is?"  He answered, "It's some kind of old video game."

I said, "Oh, NOW I get it!"  Our refrigerator is full.  Boy, am I thankful for the extra refrigerator in the garage.

I seldom eat leftovers, but I actually look forward to leftovers from Thanksgiving.  I have an extraordinary amount of leftover turkey this year because I bought a small turkey to boil to make broth for the noodles (turkey was cheaper than chicken).  Les sliced off the breast to save for another dinner.

I'll make turkey carcass soup and our all-time favorite:  turkey croquettes.


No comments: