Tuesday, June 1, 2010


Last week, I was sitting in the waiting room at Campbell-Wall After Hours Family Practice. A woman sat down beside me and she had both arms bandaged and the ends of the bandages kept unraveling. I offered to help her fix the bandages and I asked her what had happened. She told me she was there to have them re-bandage her arms.

She told me that she was trying to loosen the lid from a bottle of Gorilla Glue and she had put the bottle in the microwave. When she removed the bottle, it exploded, causing 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her arms, hands, and neck. She showed me minor burns on her neck and upper arms but her bandaged forearms had serious burns. Fortunately, she was wearing glasses, and her eyes were not injured.


skymetalsmith said...

OMG! It probably doesn't say on the bottle not to microwave it.

Mona Lisa said...

You should have referred her to Letterman's "Stupid Human Tricks"!