Background

Saturday, September 24, 2011

SOMETIMES I DON'T FOLLOW THROUGH


There were no parking places available near to the place where I was going. Across the street from my destination is a building which houses an insurance agent and a non-profit organization. There are parking places in front of the building and behind the building. All of those spaces were taken. I parked in the rear of the building and got out of my car.

When I got out of my car, the insurance agent was bidding a customer good-bye. The customer was parked beside me. The agent said to me, "You can't park here." I asked, "Why not?" I told him, very nicely, that I had parked there numerous times in the past, and with a sweeping motion of my arm, gestured that there were plenty of parking places and said, "I doubt that you're THAT busy!" He said, very snidely, "Do you work here?" I answered, equally snotty, "No, do you?" He responded, "If you don't work here, you can't park here!" I continued, "You don't OWN the place and you don't have it posted NO TRESPASSING, so I can park here!" [Yes, I recognize that a smart-mouth isn't always the wisest course!]

He told me he would have my car towed.

As I got into my car, I had the top down and I said, "And I'm going to tell every person I know to boycott you!" He gave a derisive laugh which of course, infuriated me! I said, "You obviously do not know the power of Facebook!" I drove around to the front of the building and there was a parking space available then.

I parked, went inside and picked up a business card and said, "When I put it on the internet I want to be sure to spell your name correctly!" I left, slamming the door behind me!

When I went home and told Les about it, he said, "You know you shouldn't go through with that threat." I answered, "Nah, I'm not going to follow through but it felt good to say it." Les said, "The poor guy is probably still in shock from being threatened by an old woman!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should OUT them!