Background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

GRANDMA


At the recent wrestling tournament, when John won a match with the score of 10-0, one of his teammate's parents came over and asked, "What did you think about that, Grandma?" I was stunned and Allen said to him, "This is my aunt but she's like a grandma." When I recovered, I said, "I'd be proud to be his grandma."

GRANDMA! Of course, I'm old enough to be his grandma! OMG, I'm OLD!

Today Allen said that everybody there assumed I was his mother and that we must look alike. I said, "That's because we look like Shirkeys."

I wish I resembled my mother instead of looking like my father's family. I always describe my father and his family as light-eyed and pasty-faced, totally unlike my mother! I look like my father's sister, except I have dark eyes. The last time I saw my aunt I begged Gerald, "Please tell me I don't look like her." Norman said, "You better start saving for the face lift!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One time, at the first time I was at a salon, a hairdresser asked, "Do you have grandkids?" I said, "I don't even have kids!" Being the
A-hole that I am, I got up, walked over to the Manager and complained and left!