Background

Friday, May 18, 2012

GRASS CLOTH (ADDENDUM TO "LESSONS LEARNED")

"Aren't you the lady that needs some painting or wallpapering done?"

I answered, "Yes, do you do that kind of work?"

That conversation transpired when I called a stranger to get a telephone number for a friend. The stranger was kind enough to give me the cell phone number of his ex-wife. He told me that his cousin had mentioned that his wife's uncle had done work for us in the past and that I might need other work done.

Gerald and I have been trying for three years to find someone capable and willing to install grass cloth wallpaper in our living room. We want the same kind of paper that is currently on the walls and Gerald found the replacement wall covering from Renovations. According to our friend John, who grew up in the house, his mother had the grass cloth wallpaper installed in 1962. The paper is still quite intact and I LOVE the patina, but there was water damage around one of the windows and it can't be fixed.

After having three wallpaper professionals come to look at the job to provide an estimate, none of the three were willing to attempt the job.

The stranger is coming to give an estimate. If he's able to install the grass cloth, then the foil wall covering in the dining room will be next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it bamboo?