Background

Monday, January 4, 2016

ON MY TOES!

My friend Carol and I were having lunch and she said that she was going to have a pedicure and I told her that even though I had always wanted to have a pedicure, thought it seemed very self-indulgent.  I told her about when my husband and I were on our honeymoon and we were snuggled together and as I slid my foot against his calf, he asked, ""Sweetheart, aren't you going to take off your house slippers?"  As I was NOT wearing house slippers, I realized that I should have taken advantage of the "spa day" that my girlfriends had suggested and had those calluses removed.

Carol said that I should definitely indulge myself and I accompanied her to the salon where I was pampered.  Here are the results:


When my brother saw my feet, he asked, "WTH is that?", referring to the length of my toes.

I told him that I must be either GREEK or CELTIC as my second toe is longer than my big toe. See the diagram of ethnicity based on feet:




While having the treatment I shared the story from an old BLOG article entitled BAREFOOTIN':

I am always barefooted in the house. Yeah, I know, "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!"

One evening, we had eight people for dinner to have some of Norman's famous soup Caldo Gallego. One of my friends brought her four-year-old daughter. The child was bored and restless and I took her to the family room and showed her the toy box, but she was soon back in the dining room playing underneath the table.

Suddenly, I felt the unmistakable feeling of someone sucking on my toes. I SCREAMED and jumped up and there was the little girl, peeking from underneath the table, just giggling and laughing hysterically. Her mother, with great aplomb, asked, "Were you sucking Sue's toes?" Everyone screamed with laughter and I didn't know if it was from my reaction, or from the blase, matter-of-fact method the mother used to elicit the information. Obviously, toe-sucking was not a recent development in the child's repertoire! The little girl was still giggling and her mother said, "Don't do that!" I thought, "OMG, I've had my shoes off for hours and my toes must be filthy!" but I didn't say anything!

Do I think the mother handled it correctly? ABSOLUTELY!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! The toe-sucking kid! ML