Background

Friday, January 22, 2016

SCRAPE-A-ROUND

Several winters ago, I looked out a window and saw my friend Gretchen scraping my windshield. When she showed the scraper to me I exclaimed, "I must have one of those!"  Gerald went on-line and ordered two;  since then we have given scrapers to several people.  It is the Scrape-A-Round and it is advertised "the world's best scraper" to which I agree.
.


Today, I performed a Good Samaritan deed.  A young woman parked beside me was trying to remove snow and ice from her car just by using her hands and she wasn't even wearing gloves!  I said, "Here, let me show you my wonderful scraper;  I see that you have rear-window defroster;  you should turn it on."  She said, "My car is brand-new and I don't have anything in there to use."  She asked where I had gotten the scraper and I showed her the inside label and she copied down the information and said that she was going to order one.  I said, "You better order two because you'll want to give one to somebody else!"  I also handed her a pair of one-size-fits-all stretchy gloves and she said, "Oh, no, I can't take those."  I told her that I had several pair in my car as I always buy a bunch after winter to be able to give them out, mostly to kids I see without gloves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my Scrape-Around which you gave to me and I've had people ask about it; does this mean that they have called you to get theirs? LOL! ML