Background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

BLACK SQUIRRELS


I've noticed the prevalence of black squirrels in town and my sister-in-law has several on her property. I told her that I was going to capture them and take them to our house. She said, "I thought you hated squirrels." I said, "I do; they are just rodents with pretty tails!" (CLICK HERE to see my blog article from last year.) However, the black squirrels are interesting.

In reading about black squirrels, I learned that they are "melanistic grey squirrels" (CLICK HERE to see accompanying article).

I DID NOT capture her squirrels, but we now have two black squirrels scampering around in our yard, but Gerald has been unable to capture them on film! They are not as friendly as Cheeky, Chubby and Chunky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any. Are they illegal aliens? Are they taking jobs from American squirrels? Do we need to build a fence? ML