Background

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU

A friend had never tried shashimi or sushi but said she would like to; I explained the differences. (CLICK HERE to see article)

I suggested that we go to the new Japanese restaurant in town--Nagasaki--she decided to try the "Spider Rolls" which contained soft shell crab, cucumber, and tobico, accompanied with wasabi and "yum-yum sauce". I noticed a concerned look when I explained that the portions were wrapped in seaweed and when she asked what "tobico" is, I said, "It's caviar."

After one bite she exclaimed that the sushi was "too fishy"!

Her son made fun of her which relieved me of the responsibility to do so! Imagine sushi being "too fishy"!

I have dined at Nagasaki three times and each time has been delightful, with a charming wait staff and ample portions of food. The restaurant also has some Thai selections and General Tso's Chicken for less adventuresome folks. I've had the Hibachi Scallops, and the Hibachi Shrimp and Scallops dinners.

I wanted to try the Hibachi Seafood Deluxe Dinner (with salmon, shrimp, and scallops), but I do not care for salmon prepared that way. I asked if crab could be substituted for the salmon and if I could have Yaki udon (Japanese noodles) rather than fried rice which normally is served with the dinner. They were very accommodating, and with no extra charge.

"Arigatou gozaimasu." (Japanese for "Thank you very much.")


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any relation to Yaki mandu? ML

Anonymous said...

Shut up! It WAS fishy...... Lol