Background

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

RED CAR-NATION

Yesterday, someone asked if I had always had only red automobiles.

I told a riddle that came from the inside-wrapper of a piece of Fleers Double-Bubble Bubble Gum.

Here's the riddle:

What would happen if everyone in the U. S. was like me and purchased only red vehicles?

We'd be a RED CAR-NATION!

That probably came from 1953 (SEE AD). This is another riddle from a Fleers gum-wrapper which I tell whenever anyone uses the phrase "raining cats and dogs":

What's worse than raining cats and dogs?

HAILING TAXIS! When I learned that riddle from Fleers, I didn't know what "hailing taxis" meant and had to ask Mother!

Fleers is still in business; I wonder if there are still riddles, etc. with the bubble gum. I guess I will buy some bubble gum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those wrappers! ML