Background

Monday, July 29, 2013

I THINK I CAN HANDEL IT!

At our Red Hat Lady luncheon for July, I asked the waitress if she was going to need some help with the large number of people in our group and she said that she could "handle" it.

I said, "Ask me, can you sing Joy To The World?"

She didn't understand, but Barbara, sitting next to me, asked the question, "Sue, can you sing Joy To The World?"

Answer: "I think I can HANDEL it!"

Nobody "got" it; I had to explain it.

After I came home, I told the story to Les, who responded, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog!" Of course Les "got" the "Handel" reference, but he had to one-up me with the Three Dog Night reference!

Les said, "If you have to explain 'em, it's the wrong audience!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't Mozart find his piano? Because it was HAYDN! ML