Background

Sunday, July 7, 2013

MOTORBOATING

Fashion Police is one of my "guilty pleasures". Of course, I know that I should NOT like the show, but the relishable rants of Joan Rivers' attacks on the likes of Madonna and Gwyenth Paltrow are just too enjoyable to miss. Besides the vicarious thrills for me, the show is also "educational". How would I have ever learned the term "MOTORBOATING" without the demonstration by the Fashion Police regular panelist Giuliana Rancic?

"Motorboating" is a term used to describe the action when one places one's face into a woman's bosom and attempts to duplicate the sound of a motorboat's engine, all the while shaking one's head from side-to-side.

I had never liked Giuliana Rancic when I would see her on the various "Red Carpet events" (another of my guilty pleasures), but her comments on Fashion Police are greatly entertaining.

I've learned that there are BLOGS dedicated to the subject of "motorboating"! Unfortunately, I was unable to find an example of Giuliana's masterful "motorboating" on YouTube or elsewhere. You must tune in to Fashion Police.

Recently, a friend and I were at Waffle House (another guilty pleasure) and a song from the jukebox was about "motorboating". I started giggling and asked my companion if she knew what the song meant but she did not. When I told her, she summoned the waitress (whom she knew), and asked, "Do you know what that song means?" The waitress said that she did not. My friend challenged me to give a demonstration. I said, "No, but I'm sure my husband would like to."

Hear the song Pontoon by the group Little Big Town below.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my friend knows motorboating! ML