Background

Friday, May 28, 2010

EMBROIDERY


I used to embroider and when I was a young bride, as a Valentine's Day surprise, I embroidered hearts and peace symbols (hey, it was the 70s!) on a pair of my husband's briefs. Being a good sport, he wore them. When I was doing the laundry, I noticed smudges at the top of the underwear. Usually, there were smudges at the fly of his underwear. Working on the assembly line, he was lucky to have enough time to pee, let alone wash his hands before going to the bathroom (at least that's what he told me!).

I asked him what had happened and he said, "Didn't you notice you sewed the fly closed?" He continued, "I had to take down my PANTIES every time I had to pee!" He never wore the briefs again, but they are in the corner of his dresser drawer after 38 years!

1 comment:

Mona Lisa said...

He should wear them once a year on Valentine's Day!