Background

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LAY HER IN THE SHADE


Nearly every time I have danced with my husband, I have caused him some kind of physical injury. He is a good dancer and I am a klutz! One time as we were square dancing, as we did the allemande left, I was laughing at my ineptitude and I bit his cheek as he swooped around. I've stepped on his feet so many times we quit counting. One time I was wearing heels, and one of the heels broke off as I stepped on his foot! I identify with Elaine on "Seinfeld" (only she doesn't realize how bad she is!).

When we have a party, Gerald does the ONE obligatory dance with me and then he does his "WIDOW DUTY"--he dances with all the women who don't have partners--then he dances with the women whose partners don't want to dance--and then he line dances with his nieces.

At Gerald's nephew's wedding reception, a young woman who had seen him dancing, came over and asked him to dance. She told him that he "sure could move for an old guy"! As my Granny Cox used to say, he proceeded to "lay her in the shade"! [To hear her tell it, my grandmother could outdo everybody on everything and she would always say that she "laid 'em in the shade!"] Of course, it took him the entire next day to recuperate, but the girl got the jitterbug of her life!

2 comments:

Mona Lisa said...

Who's the girl?

Sue's News said...

Mona Lisa,

That's Hannah, my grand niece; my nephew Allen's daughter. The picture was taken five years ago at Gerald's birthday party.