Background

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I HEAR!



This morning, after answering some e-mails about my BLOG article from yesterday, (which was about receiving and repeating erroneous information about a friend's reported death), I went to the Fitness Center for my Water Aerobics class.

One of the class members asked, "Did you hear Mary Tyler Moore has inoperable brain cancer?"

Of course, everyone--EXCEPT MYSELF--believed it--and why not? After yesterday's shock, I don't believe ANYTHING I hear! I have always been a skeptical person.

Just now, as I was answering e-mails and comments about the article, I see a pop-up from People Daily:

"VALERIE HARPER diagnosed with terminal brain cancer."

What are the chances of it being both Mary and Valerie? Fat or slim?

1 comment:

skymetalsmith said...

Believe "None of what you hear, and half of what you see"...is what I was taught