Background

Friday, March 22, 2013

LEST WE FORGET




On this, the 10th anniversary of the shameful invasion of Iraq, I congratulate the brave 23 U.S. Senators and the 133 members of the House of Representatives who voted against the immoral invasion.


I can vividly recall how my husband and I, along with three of my brothers, were criticized, and our patriotism called into question, because of our opposition to the war.


SENATORS:

AKAKA, BINGAMAN, BOXER, BYRD, CHAFFEE, CONRAD, CORZINE, DAYTON, DURBIN, FEINGOLD, B. GRAHAM, INOUYE, JEFFERDS, KENNEDY, LEAHY, LEVIN, MIKULSKI, MURRAY, REED, SARBANES, STABENOW, WELLSTONE, and WYDEN.

Of the 133 House members, these six Representatives from Ohio, also voted AGAINST the war:

SHERROD BROWN, STEPHANIE TUBBS-JONES, MARCY KAPTUR, DENNIS KUCINICH, THOMAS SAWYER, and TED STRICKLAND.

I have always kept the list handy as a reminder, lest we forget!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I vividly recall, even in a Democratic meeting that people there were upset with you! Thank you for having more courage than I did! ML